Power of Online Video Traffic
It has been well-established that “content is king” in the world of website development. As technology and online trends move forward, however, people no longer think of website contents merely as texts, images, or the combination of both. While the essence of information accessible from a website matters the most, the delivery system of the information should not be taken lightly by marketers and developers either. Website visitors demand a format that is more enjoyable to consume: video.
Fortunately, video contents are nowadays compatible for all Internet-enabled devices ranging from desktop computers to mobile phones. With proper implementation of video SEO strategy, you have every opportunity to generate substantial amount of quality traffic and increase conversation rate at the same time. In case you are not yet convinced about the power of video in today’s online marketing paradigm, look at these numbers:
- IP video traffic will consume 82% of all Internet traffic by 2021 (Cisco)
- About 92% of all people who watch online videos are willing to share the contents with others (Invodo)
- Compared to texts and images, videos have 1200% more likelihood to get shared (SimplyMeasured)
- From all website visitors, 60% of them will watch videos before reading any text (Diode Digital)
- Marketers who utilize online videos generate 41% more traffic than those who don’t (Aberdeen)
Simply posting countless videos may not work for harvesting traffic since the competition is getting tougher every time. Cisco has pointed out that roughly a million minutes of video content will be made available every second by 2021, so you must be a step ahead of your competitors to take advantage of the new trend.
When it comes to online video platforms, YouTube is second to none. Plenty has changed since YouTube was first launched in February 14, 2005; people can now open the website and watch countless videos on their mobile phones almost anywhere. For online marketers, YouTube has no shortage of potential as a source of organic traffic to support website growth and profitability.